Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need event medical cover at my event?
The level of risk associated with events depends on the kinds of activities occurring at the event, the number of attendees expected, the location and the environment. Many organisations require event medical cover at their events as part of their health and safety planning for their event. Having an appropriate level of medical cover at your event will help all those at your event have a safe and fun time.
What level of care can LMST provide?
We have a range of staff who are trained to carry a range of equipment and medications. We can offer first aid level care right up to Registered ILS paramedic care. By getting in touch with us you can find out what care best suits your needs.
The term Paramedic is now registered in NZ. Registered Paramedics names can be checked on the public register at www.paramediccouncil.org.nz
LMST is covered by the support of an experienced Doctor who assists us with oversight in our procedures and medical practice. All patient treatments and reports are audited to ensure our standards remain of the highest standard / quality.
What are the costs involved with LMST providing medical cover at my event?
Our costs are dependent on travel time, risk associated with the event and level of staff required. As a charitable trust we use our income from events to fund the charitable services that we provide our local community. By filling out our event medical cover form or by getting in touch with us, we can provide you with a free quote for our services.
How can I join the LMST team?
We are always looking for new people to join our event staff team. We take people with a wide range of experience, from volunteers to casual paid staff. By filling out our Join the team form, you can get in touch with us to see what we can offer you.
- LMST utilise ( with written permission) the NZ National Clinical Guidelines for all treatment and medications.
- Our team train together on a regular basis to remain current with procedures and any new equipment. It has also built a great team approach to all our events we cover.
- As we specialise in motorsport events we often utilise both motorcycles and quads for rapid response allowing us to get to the injured rider with minimal delays.
- People often raise the concern that private event medics cannot provide cover if a patient needs transporting to hospital. This is not the case. All NZ Event Medical services utilise the publicly funded ambulance service as backup to transfer patients to hospital. This includes helicopter transfer if required. Our region is covered by St John.
- Always call 111 if it is an emergency or life is at risk.